Tuesday 15 January 2013

Workaholics too have a Love Story


This post is a part of the Gillette Satin Care contest in association with BlogAdda.com

I was busy juggling with some priority tasks at my work station when I was interrupted by a deep voice. It was him. The tall, the not-so-dark and handsome Vivan.

"Folding up the blind at your desk can help you see something amazing" he said while folding them up. I hardly had any time to look up and talk but my heart skipped a beat whenever he was around. Vivan wasn't someone I could ignore and as I turned to my left, what I saw was breathtaking!

The sky was overcast with swirling black clouds that almost touched my window on the 11th floor of our building. "Wow! That's so beautiful. There is going to be a heavy rain today and I have so much of work to finish before I can leave" I said while realizing that they were not joy alone. The horrible nagging with auto wallahs was something I hated to do after a tiring day at work. Lost in my thoughts, I did not realize when Vivan had left.

"Poor guy! I did not even talk to him. Mean me! I should have been good to him!" I thought to myself while getting back to work. Another 45 minutes and I was finally done.

As I stood up and turned around, I could not believe what met my eyes. Vivan. Waiting for me. Aaah! What a moment it was!

"Hey Miss Workaholic! I can sense that you are now done with your work for today, so may I walk out with you?"

"Oh yes!" I replied promptly smiling at his superb way of asking me out.

As we stepped out on the road, the drizzling raindrops made everything beautiful. The sky, although dark seemed happier than usual and his company, of course was little more delightful today. We crossed the auto rickshaw stand but neither of us bothered to take one. We kept walking through the street, splashing through the water logs of the evening rain. We were now walking closer. A little closer than usual. A little happier than usual. And then we walked into the Cafe Coffee Day at the end of the street. As we sat across the table, he leaned forward and held my hand in his. Loosened by his gentle touch, my cellphone slipped off my hand and fell onto the table. But who cares?!

He took my hand closer to himself and touched over my nails playfully as he kept looking at them.

And I wanted to pull them off! No Vivan! No...Please don't! Don't look at my hands, was all that I wanted to scream. How I wish I had opted for my hair removal.

Vivan kept looking at them and suddenly kissed my hand as he moved his chair closer to mine and said those most beautiful words in this world. For the heart of a true lover he had, he probably never noticed those imperfect things. For the Man he was, he found his Love the most beautiful and I couldn't ask for more!

All that I could utter in that moment was, "I so wanted this to happen! I am glad it did".

As we walked back , he held me closer. Wrapped in his arms across my shoulders, I felt how beautiful and strengthening Love was!

No comments:

Post a Comment